I seem to have scattered myself around the social media and really ought to focus a bit more. But that’s not likely to happen, so I will use this to act as a jumping off point for various other blogs.
My photographs are at Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewmbutler/
This comes in fits and starts and is probably the most frequently updated.
My 1970s sf blog relating to Solar Flares is at http://flares.wordpress.com/ and was not as posted to as I planned. Writing the book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solar-Flares-Science-Fiction-Liverpool/dp/1781381178/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1409755636&sr=1-1 – now in paperback) seemed to take the energy for bloggage, but I will return to it as I come across further 1970s materials.
My blog on beer and drinking is at http://galaxychallenger.wordpress.com/. I’m hoping to come back to this.
There are a couple more blogs waiting in the wings… as projects become more concrete. I have a chapter that needs a rewrite this month and another not so long after that. There’s a chapter needs a draft, and short pieces in the queue.
Meanwhile, on the publications front:
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (London: BFI/Palgrave, 2014) (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eternal-Sunshine-Spotless-Mind-Classics/dp/1844578356/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1409755412&sr=8-3&keywords=andrew+m.+butler)
- ‘Futurology’. The Oxford Handbook of Science Fiction edited by Rob Latham, Oxford University Press
- ‘Doctor Who Symposium: Richard E. Grant’ Science Fiction Film and Television 7.2 (2014)
- ‘Bearly Conscious?: Deconstructing Pullman’s Postmodern Marionettes’, Philip Pullman edited by Catherine Butler and Tommy Halsdorf (New Casebooks, 2014)
- ‘Human Subjects/Alien Objects?: Abjection and the Constructions of Race and Racism in District 9’ Science Fiction and Tales of Transnationalism, edited by Ulrike Kuchler, Silja Maehl and Graeme A. Stout. Bloomsbury Academic USA, 2015.