I used to maintain a list of exhibitions, because I kept missing stuff. I’m recreating this, as it went out of date. I’m based in the south-east UK so, with the exception of Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Tate St Ives, it’s stuff I can do in a day trip (unless I want to make an exception). I can’t pretend to completist (especially now I’m rebuilding) but let me know of stuff I’ve missed and I may add.
Information is presented in good faith — check opening days/hours before travelling and whether stuff is free.
I recommend the National Art Pass for discount — this and Tate/Royal Academy membership pay for themselves if London is getatable.
[Still to add: BALTIC 39, Courtauld Gallery, Fitzwilliam Museum, Foundling Museum, Gagosian Britannia Street, Gagosian Davies Street, Gagosian Grosvenor Hill, Henry Moore Institute, Hepworth, Herbert, IKON, Jerwood Gallery, Kettle’s Yard, Leeds Art Gallery, Manchester Art Gallery, Modern Art, Modern Art Oxford, Edinburgh Modern One, Edinburgh Modern Two, Museum of London, Museum of London Docklands, National Galleries of Scotland, National Media Museum, National Museum of Wales, National Portrait Gallery, New Art Gallery, Norwich Castle Museum, Nottingham Contemporary, Nottingham Lakeside Arts, Pallant House, Photographers’ Gallery, Queen’s Gallery, Holyrood, Queen’s Gallery, Buckingham Palace, RAA, Royal Pavilion, Science Museum, Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Somerset House, Strawberry Hill House, The New Art Gallery, Towner, Turner Contemporary, Victoria and Albert, White Cube Bermondsey, White Cube Mason’s Yard, Whitechapel Gallery, Whitworth Art Gallery, Yorkshire Sculpture Park.]
Closes June 2019
- Woking The Lightbox The Ingram Collection: The St Ives School (6/04/2019–23/06/2019) https://www.thelightbox.org.uk/the-ingram-collection-the-st-ives-school
Closes July 2019
- London National Gallery (Sainsbury Wing) Sorolla: Spanish Master of Light (18/3/2019–7/7/2019) https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/exhibitions/sorolla
- London British Library (Second Floor Gallery) The New Londoners (22/03/2019–7/7/2019) *Free* https://www.bl.uk/events/the-new-londoners
- London Tate Modern ARTIST ROOMS: Jenny Holzer (23/07/2019–07/07/2019) *Free* https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/jenny-holzer
- London Tate Modern Magic Realism: Art in Weimar Germany 1919-33 (30/07/2018–14/07/2019) *Free* https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/magic-realism
- London British Library (Entrance Hall) Imaginary Cities (05/04/2019–14/07/2019) *Free* https://www.bl.uk/events/imaginary-cities
- Woking The Lightbox Liz Hauck: Anywhere and Everywhere (02/07/2019–14/07/2019) *Free* https://www.thelightbox.org.uk/liz-hauck-anywhere-and-everywhere
- London British Museum (Room 90a) Symbolist prints (12/04/2019–18/07/2019) *Free* https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/symbolist_prints.aspx
- London British Museum (Room 35) Edvard Munch: love and angst (11/04/2019–21/07/2019) https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/munch.aspx