I used to maintain a list of exhibitions, because I kept missing stuff. I’m recreating this, as it went out of date. I’m based in the south-east UK so, with the exception of Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Tate St Ives, it’s stuff I can do in a day trip (unless I want to make an exception). I can’t pretend to completist (especially now I’m rebuilding) but let me know of stuff I’ve missed and I may add.
Information is presented in good faith — check opening days/hours before travelling and whether stuff is free.
I recommend the National Art Pass for discount — this and Tate/Royal Academy membership pay for themselves if London is getatable.
[Still to add: BALTIC 39,
Courtauld Gallery, Henry Moore Institute, Hepworth, Herbert, Leeds Art Gallery, Manchester Art Gallery, Museum of London, Museum of London Docklands, National Media Museum, National Museum of Wales, National Portrait Gallery, New Art Gallery, Norwich Castle Museum, Nottingham Contemporary, Nottingham Lakeside Arts, Photographers’ Gallery, Royal Pavilion, Science Museum, Somerset House, Strawberry Hill House, The New Art Gallery, Towner, Turner Contemporary, Victoria and Albert, White Cube Bermondsey, White Cube Mason’s Yard, Whitechapel Gallery, Whitworth Art Gallery, Yorkshire Sculpture Park.]
Closes June 2019:
- London Royal Academy of Art (The Gabrielle Jungels-Winkler Galleries) Phyllida Barlow RA: cul-de-sac (2/3/2019–23/6/2019) https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibition/phyllida-barlow
- Woking The Lightbox The Ingram Collection: The St Ives School (06/04/2019–23/06/2019 https://www.thelightbox.org.uk/the-ingram-collection-the-st-ives-school
Closes July 2019:
- London British Library (Second Floor Gallery) The New Londoners (22/03/2019–7/7/2019) *Free* https://www.bl.uk/events/the-new-londoners
- London National Gallery (Sainsbury Wing) Sorolla: Spanish Master of Light (18/3/2019–7/7/2019 https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/exhibitions/sorolla [Basically three items]
- London Tate Modern ARTIST ROOMS: Jenny Holzer (23/07/2019–07/07/2019) *Free* https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/jenny-holzer [May be closed if other events on]
- London British Library (Entrance Hall) Imaginary Cities (05/04/2019–14/07/2019) *Free* https://www.bl.uk/events/imaginary-cities
- London Tate Modern Magic Realism: Art in Weimar Germany 1919-33 (30/07/2018–14/07/2019) *Free* https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/magic-realism
- Woking The Lightbox Liz Hauck: Anywhere and Everywhere (02/07/2019–14/07/2019) *Free* https://www.thelightbox.org.uk/liz-hauck-anywhere-and-everywhere
- London British Museum (Room 90a) Symbolist prints (12/04/2019–18/07/2019) *Free* https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/symbolist_prints.aspx
- Dublin IMMA (Main Galleries, East Wing) Doris Salcedo: Acts of Mourning (26/5/2019–21/7/2019) https://imma.ie/whats-on/doris-salcedo-acts-of-mourning-exhibition/
- London British Museum (Room 35) Edvard Munch: love and angst (11/04/2019–21/07/2019) https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/munch.aspx
- Edinburgh Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Modern One Contemporary Painters (1/6/2019–27/7/2019) *Free* https://www.nationalgalleries.org/exhibition/contemporary-painters
- Edinburgh Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Modern One Lines in Space (1/6/2019–27/7/2019) *Free* https://www.nationalgalleries.org/exhibition/lines-space